Friday, March 4, 2011

Winds Of Change

As I sit here tonight staring at this blank screen, struggling to find the words to express exactly what it is I am feeling, it becomes very apparent that the person I used to be is no longer the person that I have become.  Words even in their simplest form have always come naturally to me until now.  I won’t begin to pretend that I am the only person who has lost someone they love nor will I assume that my pain is any worse than anyone else’s but what I do know is that death has a way of changing people’s lives forever and that is where I am today.   Today I am as lost within myself as the words are in my head.  I am uncomfortable within my own skin and welcome the day that I can feel again.  Even the pain has to be better than numbness. 

1 comment: